Get a copy of our recipe e-book here http://thevgncnr.co/2kQWuXa
INGREDIENTS FOR A 23cm (9 inch) PIE:
For the crust:
190g all-purpose/plain flour
40g icing sugar
100g dairy-free butter
30g soy milk
3g white vinegar
For the filling:
190g caster sugar (or other granulated sugar)
5g agar agar powder
190g dairy-free cream
320g almond milk
15g lemon zest, chopped
yellow food colouring
150g lemon juice
For the meringue topping:
110g aquafaba, cold (reduced from 160g)
2 tsp lemon juice, strained (10g)
130g caster sugar
– For the crust, blend the flour, the sugar and the butter to obtain a sort of breadcrumbs, combine the mixture with the vinegar and the soy milk, and knead briefly to obtain a dough.
– Wrap the dough in cling film, place it in the fridge and chill it for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
– Once the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 150°C (no fan).
– Roll down the dough into a 30cm (12 inches) disk of roughly 5mm (¼ inch) thickness, and use the disk to line a 23cm (9 inch) non-stick pie tin.
– Scrunch a piece of greaseproof paper under water and squeeze it to remove any excess moisture.
– Line the pie tin with the wet paper, add plenty of rock salt to it and use it as a weight for the blind baking process. This will prevent the dough from rising and moving.
– Bake the base in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, rotating it every 15 minutes to allow for even browning. Let it cool down completely, and remove salt.
– For the filling, mix a third of the sugar with the agar agar, and set aside.
– Mix the remaining sugar with the starch and the cream, and set aside.
– Place the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat, pour in sugar/agar mix and whisk to properly combine the ingredients.
– Add the zest, bring to a boil, and simmer gently for 3 min to hydrate the agar.
– Add food colouring to taste and stir again; we added the colouring in 6 times using the tip of a toothpick.
– Now, lower the heat to the minimum and pour in the cream/starch mixture. Bring the filling back to a boil stirring constantly, and as soon as it starts boiling again, turn off heat. Add in lemon juice and stir once more to complete the filling.
– Pour the filling in the precooked shell through a fine sieve to remove the zest, and let the pie set at room temperature for 30 minutes before placing it in the fridge for 3 hours to fully set.
– Whip the aquafaba and the lemon juice using a stand mixer at full power for 8 minutes, and then, gradually incorporate the sugar 1 tbsp at the time, making sure to wait 40 seconds between each addition.
– Once the sugar is finished, whip for another 4 minutes at full power before placing the meringue topping in a pastry bag and piping it onto the pie or onto the slices before serving.
– Torch the topping if desired, making sure to be careful and gentle because aquafaba does not coagulate, so it won’t react as egg whites would. A gentle torching and a little colour goes a long way to add a nice colour, and subtle caramel flavour to the pie.
Cooking Equipment US:
Chopping boards: http://www.therusticdish.com/
Wok Pan: http://amzn.to/2p5jdFB
Frying Pan: http://amzn.to/2oxW0IR
Santoku Knife: http://amzn.to/2pgAU1y
Chef’s Knife: http://amzn.to/2oGumM8
Utility Knife: http://amzn.to/2ohEG9l
Microplane Zester: http://amzn.to/2p6wo80
Silicone Spatula Small: http://amzn.to/2nON0lz
Silicone Spatula Large: http://amzn.to/2oybflb
Silicone Spatulas Set: http://amzn.to/2p5euDP
Silicone Deep Spoon Small: http://amzn.to/2p5eNyA
Silicone Deep Spoon Large: http://amzn.to/2pmEg3e
Kitchen Scale 1: http://amzn.to/2pmyHSq
Kitchen Scale 2: http://amzn.to/2oKvIW7
Precision Scale: http://amzn.to/2pmlMzQ
Cooking Equipment UK:
Pie tin: http://amzn.to/2quW4dl
Chopping boards: http://www.therusticdish.com/
Wok Pan: http://amzn.to/1jxu9nW
Frying Pan: http://amzn.to/1POXlA5
Santoku Knife: http://amzn.to/2nM2eYp
Chef’s Knife: http://amzn.to/2otIvdk
Utility Knife: http://amzn.to/2pCWUDr
Microplane Zester: http://amzn.to/2oz2s5W
Silicone Spatula Small: http://amzn.to/1m3o6Je
Silicone Spatula Large: http://amzn.to/2oejmlS
Silicone Deep Spoon Small: http://amzn.to/2oeb0Le
Silicone Deep Spoon Large: http://amzn.to/2pCZw4a
Kitchen Scale 1: http://amzn.to/1Ry1A9e
Kitchen Scale 2: http://amzn.to/2oe8V1M
Precision Scale: http://amzn.to/2piTvwY
CONNECT WITH US:
★Amazon Prime Series: http://thevgncnr.co/22CiNyR
★2nd Channel: http://thevgncnr.co/1YzzJVz
Benefits of Taking Multivitamin Supplements
All of us want to maintain our physical and mental health. Therefore, we try to choose the best diet, exercise regularly and get good quality sleep. At times, we need to give a boost to our health to make up for the dietary deficiencies.Velvet Deer Antler-Is There A Sexual Benefit
There are many benefits to consuming these antlers.One benefit is their sexual health benefits. Velvet deer antlers are known to increase sexual performance in males by stimulating nerve endings in the penis. This stimulation leads to a heightened sense of pleasure during intercourse.COVID Prevention Alternative to Vaccines
In the pain of the COVID-19 pandemic there is a huge push to vaccinate everyone. But there is an alternative that avoids the uncertainties and risks of vaccines for so many people that do not need a vaccine.What Supplements Should I Take
A simple guide to supplementation. How do you choose and why do you choose the vitamins and supplements that you take. This article should help.How To Strengthen And Boost Your Immune System During Covid-19 Pandemic
Most people are worried about the global pandemic. However, taking precautions to avoid getting sick is as simple as understanding how your body’s immune system works. While it’s still unsure about whether a vaccine will be ready or not and how long it’ll take us to get it, your body already has natural defenses against these diseases. Boosting your immune system may not stop you from getting the virus, but if you do contract it, it will help you fight it off. But how do you strengthen your immune system in a way to deal with COVID-19?Does Garcinia Cambogia Still Work For Weight Loss In 2021?
If your new years resolution is to lose weight and get in shape then you may need a far burner to help you get an advantage. Garcinia Cambogia has been a popular option in recent times. But does it still work years later in 2021? This article seeks to uncover the whole truth.Vitamin C: How Much Is Enough?
We know Vitamin C is important for immune function, but how much do we really need? The RDA is notoriously low. Can you overdose on it? What is the best way to supplement with it? All this and more is discussed here.Vitamins That Are Made in China Vs the USA
Vitamins That Are Made in China vs the USA, What is the Difference and Why Are They So Much Cheaper from China? Efficacy is the answer. Efficacy is the power to produce the desired effect or intended result.Vitamins That Are Made in America, Not China, Are They Worth the Money?
Buying vitamins from companies that have them made in China are without a doubt cheaper to buy. But what is the true cost?All-Natural Antibiotics for Humans – 100% Plant-Based
With all of the side effects of prescription antibiotics and the unusual rise in drug-resistant bacteria, Doctors, Scientists, Nutritionists, and frankly Patients from around the world are looking to find plant-based effective alternatives. The more we study the Plant Kingdom, the more we know we need to continue learning from what God has provided us through our plants. Here is just that supplement, produced entirely from the Plant kingdom.Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder
So you thought that protein powder with zero carbs is not possible, right? You are mistaken then. There are protein powders with zero carbs, and Isopure is the best manufacturer out of all of them.Tips For First-Time Kratom Buyers For A Worry-Free Experience
Kratom is said to ease pain, relax muscles, relieve stress and anxiety, and promote restful sleep, among other things. Knowing which kratom product will provide those results requires a little bit of knowledge about the plant’s properties. Here’s what you need to know to help you make a smart purchase for a satisfying experience.The ABC’s of CBD in Texas
The A,B,C’s of CBD in Texas The journey of CBD (Cannabidiol) began in Texas with the passage of the US Farm Bill in late 2018. This bill legalized the farming of hemp in the United States and was the precursor of individual state laws being passed to legalize the farming of hemp and the buying and selling of Cannabidiol products, which does not get you high. Texas followed the Farm Bill with a bill of its own, which passed in the summer of 2019.